Shaw House – JN11175
Shaw House is a Grade 2 listed building in Melbourne, Derbyshire, dating back to 1793. The house was originally built for Samuel Robinson and was extended from 1839 to 1842.
Its large conservatory with a long ridge lantern topped by iron cresting was an extension to the main house in the late 19th century. Over the past 20 years it had undergone various structural repairs and additions to improve the performance and stability however it became unusable, uneconomic to repair and very dangerous.
We were commissioned to carefully take down the structure (in order that the sections could be copied), manufacture in hardwood, factory finish and re-glazed to replicate the original in both height and footprint.